Title

The adaptation of signs and symbols to assist primary school teachers with the management of their students.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Discussion on Findings

Moving from the findings to the discussion of findings I wrote comparing the answers I received from the teachers and the various experts, discussing how they influenced me and, in some cases, how their answers confirmed what I already believed to be true, for example, how important colour was for my signs. I also compared some of the information I received with quotations I had received from the books I had read in the Literature Review. It was encouraging that I was able to compare present day thinking on the influence there had been in the past. A good example was John Dewey's "Pedagogic Creed" which stated that "Life in school should represent life outside the school". This was an interesting theory on which to hang my ideas of the use of signs and symbols in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment