Title

The adaptation of signs and symbols to assist primary school teachers with the management of their students.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Early childhood books

I then turned my attention to the educational side of the studies which is, of course, as important, if not more important, than the signs and symbols studies I had already done. I found there was a vast array of books going back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries to chose from on all aspects of education.
I was interested in the early primary years and, in part, the years leading up to this from, say, infancy up to around 7 or 8 years old. I started with:
"A Primer of Infant Development" by T.G.R. Bower - I found she was a foremost authority on the early development of children while they were babies and how they responded to pictures, colours, etc.
I got a couple of useful quotations from this book and found it to be a very useful book to begin delving into the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment