Title

The adaptation of signs and symbols to assist primary school teachers with the management of their students.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Child Psychology

Another book I found very useful, when studying child psychology, was:
"The development of Visual Perception" by Richard Rosinski - His ideas were good as he argues that visual perception is one of the best ways of acquiring and developing knowledge. He also talks about the early life of children and one useful quotation I got from him talking about colours and shapes was:
"... studies clearly show that infants are able to discriminate and recognise."
To finish off the last paragraph or two of the literature review, I discovered some of the works of John Dewey, a philosopher of education who dates from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. His works still carry great weight in the educational world of today. He believed that life in school should be related to life outside. One useful quote I have from him is:
"I believe that the school must represent present life".
As well as the books I have mentioned here, I have consulted several others, the titles of which can be seen in the bibliography.


No comments:

Post a Comment